Tarte au Chocolat
I made this for a post-Easter Dinner dessert where it was very promptly devoured by people who variously were: full, lactose-intolerant, distracted by StarCraft tournaments & university, dislikers of cake, and people who adore chocolate. It was universally admired and praised by all, and thus I highly recommend you make it. If someone tries to tell you they don’t need dessert, use it to convert…*ahem* convince them otherwise. Soon you will have an army of faithful minions satiated by chocolate…
It is also incredibly easy to make – this is the version I was taught in France. I broke my own cardinal rule (make everything from scratch) and used a pre-made pie shell because pie crust is something I have yet to conquer.
1 cup of heavy cream
8 oz. chocolate (finely cut)
1 large or 2 sm/med eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 400 F
1. Heat cream to boiling in pot
2. Immediately remove from heat and stir in chocolate morceaux (tiny tiny pieces). Combine with whisk until completely smooth
3. Mix in egg(s) until smooth
4. Pour evenly into pie crust and bake 15-20 min.
5. Lure people into your lair with tarte au chocolate and convince them to join the E.L.E and watch musicals with you.